Heading into March means Spring is officially around the corner. Good news for anyone wanting to escape the constant cold!
With that, we always love a good spring cleaning and have compiled a list of 5 great ways to refresh your apartment space for spring:
- Wash or replace any entryway carpets. While some carpets can be run through the washer/dryer, others tend to be so built up by salt and snow that it might make sense to just toss. A fresh new carpet is an easy purchase at your local Walmart or home goods store.
- Reorganize pantries – over the winter months we tend to stalk up on non-perishable items and load up our pantries which become understandably cluttered by March/April. Give your kitchen a refresh by reorganizing and donating any unneeded canned goods.
- Change out towels – similar to refreshing your carpets, it’s always a good idea to buy a fresh set of kitchen and bath towels or give yours a deep sanitary clean.
- Let in some fresh air – on a nice spring day, keeping a small window open to allow air flow through your apartment will help circulate fresh air into your apartment
- Declutter closets and donate any unused clothing or household items. This a great time to purge the small piles that accumulate around the bedroom floors and family room.
- Do a 5 minute walk through of your apartment to check for plumbing issues, electrical issues and ensure all smoke detectors and CO monitors are in working order.